Sunday 22 April 2012

Success and Failure, experimentation.

As promised the other day I tried 2 different styles for the same image. I drew one of my friends, although I loosely drew the structure lines for both images quickly so i didn't have to worry about the expression being held.

The first image I spent an hour on. I used much bolder and solid colour than normal, and with minimal blending. I really like this effect, and feel I will develop this way of working for the final piece as well.
The actual peice itself is not perfect, But I feel it is defiantly an improvement.

However the next image is not successful at all in my opinion. I tried drawing my friend again in 15 minutes, like the traditional artist in my last peice did, however the anatomy is off and the shading no where near the traditional version. It was fun to try, however I now know it will be colour like the above I shall be attempting for my final.

No comments:

Post a Comment