Thursday 19 April 2012

Research part 2

2 more thoughts about my digital work hit me recently. Trying new things and getting inspiration from traditional work. for most of my studies and sketches I have used low opacity brush marks to help speed up the process of sketching, and I tried it once with an earlier image, however I plan to now try it again.
The above image is a 1 hour speed painting on photoshop from http://aurora-stylus.deviantart.com/
The artist here has used solid colour and a tight palette to blend the co,lour in her image, instead of using the same colour but at different strengths. I really like the effect it has on the characters hair and the skin on the face.

The traditional element I was talking about earlier was inspired by this. it has a great feel and mood, and the mark making is great. I'm not sure how I can recreate such an effect, but with I-pad and photoshop I intend to give it a try and see what I get.
By artist María Emegé

So now all that remains is to go down town and try these ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment